PATRICIO APEY BIO
- Chilean Junior Champion.
- Consultant for Prince Manufacturing Company, Sergio Tacchini sportswear,
KIM (British American Tobacco Company).
- United States Professional Tennis Association, registered pro since 1965.
- Fluent in five languages.
- Chilean Davis Cup Team, South American Junior Champion, semifinalist at Junior Wimbledon
- Toured the world professional tennis circuit.
- Coach of the Bolivian Junior and Davis Cup team (four South American titles).
- Coach of the Chilean team (five South American titles three world titles).
- Tennis Director, Sonesta Beach Hotel.
Produced the first Latin American tennis circuit, Lan Chile Mini Grand Prix (Eight Countries).
- Sonesta changed its name to Sonesta Beach Hotel and Tennis Club because of increased tennis activity (from three courts to twelve)
- Founder of Tennis International (the leading tennis boutique in South Florida).
- Ranked by Miami Magazine as one of the top ten tennis coaches in the world.
- Peru sent its girls’ team to Miami for coaching and became World Champions in December.
- Patricio Apey’s Tennis Academy founded.
- Owner and President of Miami Racquet Club.
- Produced the Varig Classic of Key Biscayne. Sabatini and the Varig furthered Key Biscayne’s reputation as an ‘Island Tennis Paradise’.
- Tennis Director of Sheraton Royal Biscayne in Key Biscayne, Florida.
- Coach of Gabriela Sabatini (One World litle).
- Produced the Varig Classic ($25,000 Women’s Professional event).
- Patricio Apey as a coach:
- Nine World titles (eleven in the last ten years).
- Twenty-seven South American titles.
- Twenty-nine Orange Bowl titles.
- Considered one of the top three tennis coaches in the world.
- Coach of the following world champions: Mercedes Paz, Patricia Tarabini and Bettina Fulco.
- Coached the following players: Samantha Smith, Noelle Van Lottum, Hellas ter Riet, Sisi Albinus, Petra Schmitt, Silvia La Fratta.
- Additional international players from the following countries were coached: Malasia, Japan, Taiwan, Venezuela, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Holand, France, Spain, Denmark, Hungary, England, Italy, Peru, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Bolivia and Paraguay.
- This group contributed to the purchase of seventeen properties on Key Biscayne.
- Produced Sonesta Cup ($10,000 Women’s Professional event).
- Coached several International Jr. players. 1997 TV comentator for ESPN.
- Tennis Director Marriot Hotel.
- Produced Prince Cup World ranking Jr. event.
- Produced Lan Chile Cup ($10,000 women's int'1 event).
- Coaching several pro-players.
- Inducted into Miami-Dade Tennis Hall of Fame.
- Captain of Chilean Fed Cup Team
- Tennis director of Miccosukee Golf and Country Club.
- Named in the 100th Best Latinos in Florida.